Thursday, July 26, 2012

Update Complete (Finally)

I've finally finished up the last cards for this update.  It took a bit longer than I had originally anticipated, but the new cards are definitely worth it.  While I originally intended the booze cards to be played alongside regular cards, it seems that many of you really want to play with a purely booze-card Booze Cube.  Playing only booze cards, however, leaves a lot of fucking holes in the cube. This update is a first step towards plugging those holes.

The update adds some much-needed removal, more creatures, and mana fixing.  I've also revisited some existing cards.  Some cards just needed to be tweaked a bit; for example,  Necropotent  now draws you three cards per shot. A few cards needed to be totally overhauled; Das Boot now creates the sort of subgame that I had originally envisioned instead of just being fucking terrible.

And, of course, there are shiny new toys to play with.  Some of these take the cube in quite new directions, so I'd love to hear about your experience (good or bad) playing with them.   I'm especially interested in hearing how the storm cards are working out for you. (Are they underpowered because you can't get a decent storm count? Are they overpowered because you can?  Is storm too difficult to keep track of when everyone's fucked up?)


While the update plugs some of the holes, it doesn't plug all of them yet. I do have a lot more cards in the pipeline, and the community expansion contest should help flesh shit out.  In the meantime, I still recommend supplementing your booze cube with some regular cards.

Anyway, I should have the updated visual spoiler and print sheets ready soon, possibly even sometime this evening.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite new cards:

No comments:

Post a Comment